Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vintage Polka Dot Zoo Party


My next party feature goes to this darling VINTAGE POLKA DOT ZOO BIRTHDAY PARTY submitted by Anneliese Shapiro of Aesthetic Nest. HOW FUN! I love the little zoo animals. The color scheme of coral, grey, yellow, rickrack, and polka dots is so cute, too. What child doesn't love the zoo? This would be the perfect party theme for a girl or a boy.
Here is what Anneliese said about the party- “I really appreciate the ability to take my girls and show them a tiger or a penguin or a bear without having to journey and see them in the wild. And I love thinking about zoos a century or so ago--so exotic! Such an outing. I love their park-like settings and wrought iron and imagine the excitement of the visitors when they saw wild animals. 
So this birthday party was all about the zoo of yesteryear with happy children and happy, nearly domesticated wild animals. I incorporated polka dots and rick rack to add more of the lighthearted, vintage feel.
We started in our backyard with a lunch. I set some tables with white pleated tablecloths that have convertible inserts in yellow and grey polka dots (pattern coming soon). I love this striped fabric (Premier Prints Lulu Stripe)!  I added another tablecloth for the serving table sewn from Michael Miller Ta-Dot in Stone and trimmed in grey jumbo rickrack.
The girls' places were set with the vintage zoo Rickrack Place mats and Napkins and these great aluminum camping plates. I love the brushed metal, also on the galvanized French flower pots from IKEA. And who can resist the striped paper straws. I also used them on the birthday cake to make flag poles for the animals.
After lunch, it was off to the zoo! Quite an outing with seven little girls and two adults (thank you, Sue!) but we didn't even lose one!  And no animals escaped, either.
It was fun to see Audrey and Scarlett running around in their Vintage Zoo Dress and Dirndl Skirt, respectively. And there are always the ideas I didn't get to trailing after them in my head!"
You can purchase this printable party package in Anneliese's Etsy shop!



















No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers