Sunday, January 23, 2011

Soda Shoppe Valentines Favor Tutorial- Vintage Valentines Party


Making these Soda Shoppe Valentine Favors is really a cinch!

You will need:

Sundae glasses {you can find them everywhere, even Walmart}
Valentine M&M's
A glue gun
Pink & white taffy {or any color you would prefer}
A styrofoam ball cut in half {make sure it fits the top of your glass}
Glue dots or scotch tape

The how to:

All you do is fill the glass with M&M's, place the styrofoam ball {cut in half} on top of the glass {securing the styrofoam with glue dots or scotch tape} & hot glue the taffy onto the ball!
I stuck a cute straw on top for an added touch.

Easy peas-y lemon squeeze-y {and SO cute}!

Photography by Lyndsey Fagerlund Imagery.
Photobucket

To see more of my Vintage Valentines Day Party go here!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Scrappin Cheryl said...

Oh - Super Cute and easy! Thanks!

Tauni said...

These soda fountain take aways are stunning...and so easy!

Bookmarking this one for the future! Thanks for sharing.

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

That idea of making the taffy candies recreate fluffy cream is so clever! How did you cut the styrofoam ball cleanly into two?

HiLLjO said...

Any excuse for taffy is a great one!

une autre mère said...

I'm so glad you showed how to do this! It's not at all how I was picturing it, so I'm so glad I got a tutorial first before maiming mine. And I'm also very excited about your Vintage Valentine's party. I'm decorating for 2 Valentines parties this year and have been copying your's as closely as possible! Thanks so much for all the adorable ideas! :)

Stephanie said...

Super cute! Cant wait to try. But I have a question...what keeps the styrofoam ball from falling off the top, especially with the weight of the taffys?

kara's party ideas said...

Thanks, everyone!

I cut the styrofoam using a sharp knife.

And Stephanie, you're right! I forgot to put that part! Secure it with small glue dots {that's what I did}...I'm sure scotch tape would work as well.

~Isabel said...

Wow...so pretty. Found this via Twitter...is there anyway to share a post of yours to fb?

 
Blog Design by April Showers