Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fly Away With Me Valentine’s Party


Today I am showcasing some adorable Valentines Day parties. This first FLY AWAY WITH ME VALENTINE’S PARTY was submitted by Gwynn Wasson of Gwynn Wasson Designs. SO cute & clever! I love the propeller pops, cotton candy air & airplane fork sleeves!

This is what Gwynn wrote about the party- “I adore Valentine's Day! Personally I could easily get swept up in a sea of pink ruffles, hearts and frills. But my boys... Well, I'm not so sure how they would feel about it! So this year, I created a super fun party that's for girls AND boys full of pink hearts, fluffy clouds and vintage bi-planes.

Dessert tables are always a magnet for kids at a party. And it is one of the highlights for me to see their eyes light up with excitement when they spy something that, not only looks tasty, but inspires their imagination as well. Hence the creation of the "Propeller Pop"! These propeller adorned marshmallow roller pops were the stars of the dessert table. "Hovering" just in front of our bi-plane backdrop and just behind of the "Fluffy (cotton candy) Clouds" which were displayed in treat cones, these toys/treats were a huge hit! I stood them up on their very own "cloud" of marshmallows and once the party started, they were gone in an instant.

I had a blast decorating the kid's tables. No airplane party would be complete without Complimentary In Flight Snacks and Beverages ("Love Potion"). Each child got their own set of Pilot's Wings. And just to make eating a little more fun, I created cut-outs to turn the flatware into airplanes. What kid wouldn't want to "fly" their food to their mouths?!

But the good times didn't end with the food. When lunch was over there were paper airplanes to fold and fly and activity placemats for "In Flight Entertainment"! All the Printables for the entire Fly Away With Me Valentine Collection, including the propellers for the roller pops, cupcake toppers, bottle labels, activity placemats, cut-outs for the flatware and so much more, are available in my Etsy shop.”

Credits:

Party Stylings, Graphic Design and Party Printables - Gwynn Wasson Designs
Sixlets, Taffy, Gumballs - Candy Warehouse
Heart Boxes, Heart Plates - Target
Striped Straws - Polka Dot Market
Mini Meringues, Marshmallow Hearts, Marshmallow Roller Pops - Cost Plus World Market












3 comments:

Unknown said...

I so wish I had kids so I could throw this party! I love the airplane theme!

Paula said...

Love it..one of my favorite so far...

Sweet Scarlet said...

This design si so amzing. It's super creative and unique. Amazing job! Congrats.

 
Blog Design by April Showers