Monday, August 15, 2011

Ice Cream Social


So excited about finally posting the ICE CREAM & CHERRIES PARTY I styled a few weeks ago. This party has been long in the making. I randomly found a vintage Ice Cream Truck for sale months and months ago. She was old and needed a lot of work, but, I bought her anyway. I couldn't pass her up. I envisioned the cutest party at her side. After a few months of scrubbing, cleaning and painting she became new again. Isn't she adorable? I just love her.

Kori Clark of Paper & Pigtails designed the cutest ice cream printables for the party {exclusively for Kara's Party Ideas} which I am now passing along to you for FREE here!

Photography by Lyndsey Fagerlund.

Vinyl ice cream decal purchased from Tweet Heart Wall Art.

Custom cake ordered from Macy's {told my lovely friend there what I wanted and she worked her magic}. It was exactly what I envisioned.... 



Download these circle tags for free here.






Bow tie ordered from JB Kids...



Cotton candy ice cream cones...




Ice cream sugar cookies ordered from Stephanie Js Creations.




Inspiration for these cupcakes found here.


Darling cherry fondant toppers ordered from Mommy Cr8s.








Download these tent cards for FREE here.

Push pops available to purchase here!








PARTY ACTIVITIES

As explained in a previous post, the kids at the party made their own ice cream...


The 'kick the can ice cream' tutorial/recipe can be found HERE.



The ziplock bag ice cream tutorial/recipe can be found HERE.


Sidewalk chalk contest...








Push pops available to purchase here {only today...they're going fast}!



24 comments:

Jayna Rae said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing. What a great find and fun party. Are you going to rent the truck out? You totally should. It i incredible and all of the photos are gorgeous.

Kiki and Di said...

WOW what a fabulous party....that ice-cream truck is insane - fabulous work! xK

Setting the Mood said...

This is the sweetest party!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the truck! That is so great that you revived it. It's just beautiful...all of it!!

Unknown said...

Hummm...delicious!
Congratulations for this idea!!!

Suzanna ~ Mon Tresor said...

OMG that is just darling! LOVE all the details and the colours, so perfect for summer. Loads of inspiration, thanks so much xo

A Blissful Nest said...

Just fabulous Kara! You are a true talent my friend.

Luzmaría Alam said...

ains I want a party like that XD with ice cream every where good job.

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

Beautifully styled. Loved every detail. That ice cream truck is over the top.

Holly Moeller said...

Kara, I can't believe you bought that truck and turned it into something that cute...amazing!!! Everything about the party is just darling. I love the old cash regsiter too :-)

Marisol said...

This is all kinds of wonderful!!Love that ice cream truck!!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

WOW!!!! I want the truck...lol :) AMAZING!!! :)

Kori Clark said...

Amazing Kara!!! That whole set up is just so storybook I adore it! Thank you so much for letting me be a tiny part!

makana hansen said...

Oh my stars! This one is amazing!! The details, the TRUCK... everything. Where did you find the push pop things? I looked on amazon...
And I was planning on a ice ream party for my daughter. Really wish you lived in Texas right about now!

www.gallamorewest.com said...

This party is so unbelievably adorable!! I LOVE the ice cream truck and that cash register is so, so cute! And your handsome little model in the bow tie... adorable! Everything is perfect. The printables are wonderful- thank you!!
Laurie @ Gallamore West

Aimee @ SmallAnchors.com said...

i am in love. where o where did you find that ice cream truck... and i just bought those acrylic push-up pops this morning... lovely work. keep it up.. you certainly have an eye for this stuff!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, girl, you bought a truck?!?!! That's nutso cute! fantastic party and now I'm kicking myself once again that I don't have a color printer b/c those printables are adorable!

Unknown said...

I'm loving that truck! My husband would have a cow if I purchased something like that! LOL! Amaaaaazing Work! Kudos!

Aaron [air] said...

LOVE this! LOVE the truck too! We have one for sale here in Price too..all I could think of was what fun the photos by it could be when I saw it... :)

Great party!

Anonymous said...

Now this is what I call adorable on every level!!! So so so cute, I can barely stand it. Job well done and styled to perfection! Thanks for sharing!

lyssa said...

Amazing blog. i like it. thank u so much sharing this blog.

Wedding themes

Anonymous said...

Wow Kara! You didn't miss a trick! The party looked so darling - so creative - and that truck! OMGosh! It's perfect for so many things! You need to use it as a "stork" truck for your next baby show...delivering milk to the new mom! And really, if you put a red ball on the front and antlers on the roof, it could be Rudolph at your Christmas party! In other words, I want to see this truck again and again! xo, Nan

Paper-Charmed said...

One word - PERFECTION!

Cookie Couture Co. said...

Love this! Such a beautiful party. I am having a cherry themed first birthday party for my girl and got some inspiration.

Unknown said...

Kara...AMAZiNG! And definitely a girl after my own heart purchasing the vintage ice cream truck and refurbishing it. It was THE perfect backdrop to all of the dreamy details! I love every detail!!

 
Blog Design by April Showers