Monday, May 23, 2011

DIY Tutorial: Make Your Own Bubble Gum Machine!



Today I am FINALLY posting my tutorial on how to

make your own gumball machine!

These go with the Gumball Party I styled for HGTV here.

Photo's taken by Lyndsey Fagerlund.

It really is quite simple...

Photobucket

You will need:

1 terra cotta pot {with saucer base}
1 wooden ball {found at craft store}
1 wooden doll pin stand {found at craft store}
1 tube of E600 glue OR hot glue {& glue gun}
1 round bubble bowl {you can find these at Walmart}
1 can of spray paint

Photobucket

STEP ONE: Paint your terra cotta pot & base, your round wooden ball and your doll pin stand with the spray paint and let dry.

STEP TWO: Place terra cotta pot upside down and apply glue to the bottom. Then attach the round bubble bowl to resemble a gumball machine.

STEP THREE: Turn the terra cotta saucer base upside down and glue the round wooden head bead to the center top and let dry.

STEP FOUR: Attach the wooden doll pin stand to the front of the terra cotta pot to resemble an opening.

STEP FIVE: Place the terra cotta saucer on top of the bubble bowl {it will act as a lid, coming on and off} and...
YOU HAVE A GUMBALL MACHINE!
These would also make fun cookie jars!

Again, to see the rest of this Bubble Gum Party go here!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for that! That's great! So easy!

My Home Office said...

Love the tutorial! Thank you!

Vanessa said...

What a fabulous idea! It is so simple. Thanks for sharing!

Sweet Tea with Cindy said...

Fabulous idea! Precious :)

Paty said...

I.LOVE.IT!
so gorgeous...
thanks for sharing!

The D-Fam said...

ADORABLE!!!!

Alex @ EEAD said...

LOVE it! I'm totally going to have to try this out.

Sector D said...

Love, love, love!!!

J. At Your Service said...

These are AWESOME!!! I'm def going to try this. Thanks! :)

Ali said...

Such a fantastic, easy, creative idea! So great i just had to 'Pin it' on Pinterest!

Marisa said...

So creative! LOVE IT! This is my all time favorite party site....and I MEAN IT!

Becca said...

THANK YOU! This is perfect timing...I am doing a sweet shoppe theme for my daughter's 1st bday and these would be adorable to use.

Unknown said...

so simle but origina and fun

Leslie said...

The best ideas are always the simplest. This is amazing!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

impressive - I wouldn't have guessed it was from those basic materials!

Hannah S said...

Brilliant! And so much cheaper than purchasing a glass balled one online. Love it! Now I have to think of an excuse to make one...

Jana Tardeli said...

Thaaaaaaaaaaank Youuuuuuu for your brilliant idea!!! I LOVE IT!!!
kissess

Anonymous said...

thanks for the idea i went to walmart and found a big clay pot for 3.00 and found the big bowl at goodwill for 2.00. the machine turned outn to be a big hit a my party. thanks!!!!!!

Ariela_HvM said...

It's Tom Servo!! I love the idea...thanks much. ;)

Marilyn Stokes said...

What size terra cotta pot did you use?

 
Blog Design by April Showers