Tuesday, September 15, 2009

pool/beach party


i'm finally posting the pool party i did a few weeks ago! i've been so busy lately with a wedding and a couple of parties :).

i printed most of the paper goods via paper and cake...so cute!! love her stuff!

here's the invites that were sent out a few weeks before the party {purchased on oriental trading}...

let the fun begin...


havin' fun in the pool...

i covered these adorable tarts {that my sisters best friend made} with whip cream, kiwi's, and a mango syrup. they were so yummy!
i got this unfinished surf board on ebay a few years ago..and painted it...



i made the cupcake toppers out of colorful cut up straws {and paper and cake's adorable printables}...

we covered the cake with brown sugar for 'sand'...
i stuck pinwheels on top for an added beach effect :).


the beach ball sippers i found online...

i bought some fun wooden surfboards at michaels that all the kids painted...

dad's even enjoy painting! :)...

surf rug to dry/drip off on...



fun was had by all...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog from Hostess With The Mostess. I love it! This is Such a cute party!

-Deborah from Florida

lyndsey said...

The cupcakes, cake and surfboard are SO cute! Everything is.

Enchanted Expectations said...

Very cute and fun

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

Everything looks great and I love the cupcakes!

amy & lisa said...

What a fun party! :) Makes me want to jump into a nice cool pool!

Dawn Ey, Owner and Creative Visionary said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

How fun! Great jon!

Josh and Megan said...

I heard about your website through a friend and I'm sure glad I did because I need some really good party ideas and this is going to help! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, I love all the color in this one. It just screams fun! I'll be linking.

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Super cute! What a fun party. The printables turned out great.

Unknown said...

Great party!
I have a tip for you and your readers.

Next time you are planning a party with several people at the same time you should check out Zorap. It allows you to have a video conversation with anyone you invite to join you in your room. During your conversation you can do things like share videos, photos and just talk through the party ideas.

I admit I represent Zorap, in full disclosure. I have used it myself to keep in touch with my wife and kids while traveling for work and it is great.

The really cool thing is that Zorap has recently announced that it is available on Facebook as an application you can use on your profile page.

Anyway, check it out and see if you find Zorap as useful as I do.

You can find the Zorap Facebook app at: http://apps.facebook.com/zorapapp/

You can also use the Zorap website as well at: www.zorap.com

Just an idea
Scott

Unknown said...

That is SO clever to use a beach ball for the invites. You could just write the info on a regular beach ball and send it deflated, too, instead of buying from Oriental Trading.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Lura said...

I love the shark cupcakes, they are so cute!!!

Lura Barylski

http://inexpensivepartyideas.com/blog/

Christina said...

This is great! When you purchase printables from sites such as Paper and Cake, from what type of paper do you use to print the templates? Thanks!!

 
Blog Design by April Showers