Saturday, June 6, 2009

elmo cupcakes - elmo party

my son turned two today! and although we're having a big circus birthday party for him & his brother {they're both june babies} in a few weeks, we still celebrated today as well. he loves elmo...so i decided to make him some elmo cupcakes! they turned out pretty cute.
i piped red frosting on using a grass tip to make the red elmo fur, used oreo cookies for the mouths, orange gumballs for the noses, and white candy melts for the eyes.
gavin LOVED them! these would be perfect for any elmo/sesame street themed party!

7 comments:

amy & lisa said...

Um...cute!!! VERY cute! I'm saving this idea. :)

Unknown said...

super cute! I can't wait to see the photos of your circus party!

Brooke Meyenberg said...

Kara your parties and details are absoulutely amazing! Love em', love em'!

I HAD to give your Cupcake Par-Tea a shout out. Featured ya today. :)

Cheers!
Brooke

http://jackaroolove.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Great party ideas Kara & I love how detailed all of your photos are! I'm so glad I discovered your blog via Delightful Blogs :)

Would you mind if I add you to my Lovely Links?

Thanks!

Jessica
www.designingafamily.com

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Those are adorable cup cakes!!

Anonymous said...

Hi - thanks for sharing. These are beautiful, I am planning to have an Elmo tea party for my daughter's second bday and would love to make these. Thanks again!

Pam Burrus said...

PERFECT - I was 'recruited' to help a friend with elmo cupcakes... I was going to use fondant for the eyes, nose and mouth, but like your idea better. Thanks ;]

 
Blog Design by April Showers